Protecting and helping families since 1985

Disclosure Statement – Primary

Primary Disclosure Statement
– Mike Bennett –

Dated 15th August 2018 – Version 6

Name and registration number of Authorised Financial Adviser (AFA):

Mike Bennett Acorn Insurance Christchurch

Michael (Mike) Bennett: FSP number: 66846

Trading name: Acorn Insurance & Investment Ltd

Physical address: Level 1, 355 Colombo St, Sydenham, Christchurch, 8023

Postal address: P.O.Box 7473, Sydenham, Christchurch, 8240

Telephone number: 0800 226 765

Email address:

This disclosure statement was prepared on: 15th Aug 2018 – Version 6

It is important that you read this document

This information will help you to choose a financial adviser that best suits your needs. It will also provide some useful information about the financial adviser that you choose.

In addition to the information that I must disclose to you in this statement, I must also disclose other information to you in a separate disclosure statement, including information about the types of services that I provide, the fees that I charge, and any actual or potential conflicts of interest. If I have not provided that information to you at the same time as I give you this statement, I must provide it to you as soon as I can.

What sort of adviser am I?

I am an ‘Authorised Financial Adviser’ (AFA).

This means I have been authorised by the Financial Markets Authority (the government agency that monitors financial advisers) to provide the financial adviser services described below.

How can I help you?

I am authorised to provide you with financial adviser services in the following categories:

  • Financial Advice
  • Investment Planning Services

When I do this, I will be able to give you advice or provide a service about:

financial products provided by only 1 organisation
financial products provided by a small number of organisations (2 to 5 organisations)
financial products provided by a broad range of organisations (more than 5 organisations

How do I get paid for the services that I provide to you?

Payment type Description
Fees Only My services are only paid for by the fees that you pay. I do not receive payments from other people or organisations that might influence my advice.
Fees My services are paid for by the fees that you pay as well as in other ways.
Commissions There are situations in which I will be paid by other organisations. How much that payment will be depends on the decisions that you make.
Extra payments I may receive extra payments from my employer/principal
from my depending upon the decisions that you make.
Non-financial benefits from other organisations Other organisations may give me non-financial benefits depending benefits from other on the decisions that you make.

I am required to tell you the specific fees, commissions, extra payments, and other benefits that I have received or will, or may, receive in relation to the services that I provide to you. I must tell you these things before I provide a service or, if that is not practicable, as soon as practicable after I provide that service.

As an Authorised Financial Adviser (AFA), I must comply with the Code of Professional Conduct for Authorised Financial Advisers. I also have other obligations under the Financial Advisers Act 2008 (including regulations made under that Act) and under the general law.

If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of my service, please tell me so I can try to fix the problem.

If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use my internal complaints scheme, you can contact the Financial Disputes Resolution Service. (FDRS).

This service will cost you nothing, and will help us resolve any disagreements.

You can contact the Financial Disputes Resolution Service. (FDRS) at address;
PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140, New Zealand.  Free phone: 0508 337 337.
Web: Email:

If you need to know more, where can you get more information?

If you have a question about anything in this disclosure statement or you would like to know anything more about me, please ask me. If you have a question about financial advisers generally, you can contact the Financial Markets Authority.

How am I regulated by the Government?

You can check that I am an Authorised financial services provider at

The Financial Markets Authority authorises and regulates financial advisers. Contact the Financial Markets Authority for more information, including financial tips and warnings.

You can report information or complain about my conduct to the Financial Markets Authority, but in the event of a disagreement, you may choose to first use the dispute resolution procedures described above (under What should you do if something goes wrong?)


I, Michael Bennett, declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the information contained in this disclosure statement is true and complete and complies with the disclosure requirements in the Financial Advisers Act 2008 and the Financial Advisers (Disclosure) Regulations 2010.

Signed: Mike Bennett